- To see what's discussed see the discussions .
- Join the Molecule community working group if you would like to influence the direction of the project.
- Join us in
#ansible-devtoolson libera.chat matrix/irc, or molecule discussions.
- The full list of Ansible email lists and IRC channels can be found in the communication page.
- We are interested in various different kinds of improvement for Molecule; please feel free to raise an Issue if you would like to work on something major to ensure efficient collaboration and avoid duplicate effort.
- Create a topic branch from where you want to base your work.
- Make sure you have added tests for your changes.
- Although not required, it is good to sign off commits using
git commit --signoff, and agree that usage of
--signoffconstitutes agreement with the terms of DCO 1.1.
- Run all the tests to ensure nothing else was accidentally broken.
- Reformat the code by following the formatting section below.
- Submit a pull request.
Code Of Conduct¶
Please see our Code of Conduct document.
Pull Request and Governance¶
- If your PRs get stuck join us on IRC or add to the working group agenda.
- The code style is what is enforced by CI, everything else is off-topic.
- All PRs must be reviewed by one other person. This is enforced by GitHub. Larger changes require +2.
Molecule has an extensive set of unit and functional tests. Molecule uses Tox factors to generate a matrix of python x Ansible x unit/functional tests. Manual setup required as of this time.
Tests will be skipped when the driver's binary is not present.
Install the test framework Tox.
Running the test suite¶
Run all tests, including linting and coverage reports. This should be run prior to merging or submitting a pull request.
List available scenarios¶
List all available scenarios. This is useful to target specific Python and Ansible version for the functional and unit tests.
Run all unit tests with coverage.
Run all unit tests for a specific version of Python.
Linting is performed by a combination of linters.
Run all the linters (some perform changes to conform the code to the style rules).
Generate the documentation, using mkdocs.
Dependencies need to be updated by hand in: